Here’s an example custom feed and collar design requested by a customer, a Visconti Dreamtouch 23k Palladium nib in a Pelikan M800.
- I’ve finished the design and pre-production of feeds and housings for JoWo #6 and will ship these off to my beta testers next week. If feedback is universally positive, then I will begin sales of these shortly thereafter. These will be available in both black and red Nikko ebonite as well as clear acrylic.
- Pelikan M2xx/M4xx/M6xx/M7xx feeds and collars will go on sale at the same time as the JoWo #6 feeds and housings. These will be available in both black and red Nikko ebonite as well as clear acrylic.
- Design of my own flexible nibs proceeds, though more slowly than I’d hoped. I want to have a prototype nib for Pelikan M400 pens by the time of the Dallas Pen Show in September, but there is some risk in this schedule. JoWo #6 flexible nib will follow Pelikan, then I’ll accept custom designs. I won’t have a table at the Dallas Pen Show this year.
- I have a pretty sizable backlog of custom feed requests to service. I’ll begin these designs once the JoWo #6 and Pelikan M2xx/4xx/6xx/7xx feeds/collars/housings are in production and on my website for sale.
- I am still working on the Zebra G dip pen nib in a JoWo #6 housing. I’m still not happy with the performance across inks, so I’m not yet able to offer these for purchase. I don’t have a firm date for completion of this product.
Please send me a note at Contact Us if you have questions or comments.
First op on main spindle before grabbing it with the sub spindle, cutting off, and finish machining on the sub spindle.
Second op on the sub spindle is just machining the tip of the feed. The part gets ejected into the parts catcher, the bar feeder advances the rod of ebonite and the Mazak QTU-200MSY makes another one…
I’m sorting out how to bill and ship so I can start selling these. Stay tuned…
I’ll have Pelikan M2xx / M4xx / M6xx / M7xx feeds and collars for sale shortly, in red and black ebonite, and in clear acrylic, as shown below.
Feeds and collars for Pelikan M200/M400 pens are ready for testing.
I’ve been very busy of late debugging g-code to make feeds. Here are a few samples, among them JoWo #6, Pelikan M200, Pelikan 400 and a few oddballs just to test the g-code generation. Materials are black Nikko ebonite and clear cast acrylic.
Finished four models of ebonite feeds/collars/housings, now on their way to a new home.