Due to unforeseen problems, the beta test of the Pilot 742 FA ebonite feeds and the opening of the online store will be delayed for a few weeks. Please check back the first week of November.
Here’s an update:
- Ebonite replacement feeds/housings for JoWo #6 nibs are out to beta testers. Results are positive so far; I’ve made two improvements to the feed and housing based on tester feedback.
- Ebonite replacement feeds for Pilot 743 FA (Falcon #15) nibs are out to beta testers.
- Ebonite replacement feeds for Pilot 742 FA (Falcon #10) nibs will be shipped to beta testers about October 2.
- I am looking at creating stores on eBay and Etsy. I have shipping sorted out now, thanks to needing to send feeds, etc. to my beta testers. Replacement feeds for Pilot 743 and 742 FA nibs will be first, followed by JoWo #6 and Pelikan.
- I have completed my first custom feed design for a customer, and shipped the feeds.
- I will restart custom feed designs shortly.
I’ll be sending out some invitations to some of my Instagram followers tomorrow to participate in beta testing my new 743 FA ebonite feed.
This is a replacement ebonite feed for the excellent Pilot 743 pen, in particular, to support the full flexibility of the FA nib, shown below. This feed will become a standard product, along with the slightly smaller 742 feed, in black and red Nikko ebonite. I’m still tweaking the design, but it should be ready for beta testers by next week.
- I’ve finished the design and pre-production of feeds and housings for JoWo #6 and will ship these off to my beta testers next week. If feedback is universally positive, then I will begin sales of these shortly thereafter. These will be available in both black and red Nikko ebonite as well as clear acrylic.
- Pelikan M2xx/M4xx/M6xx/M7xx feeds and collars will go on sale at the same time as the JoWo #6 feeds and housings. These will be available in both black and red Nikko ebonite as well as clear acrylic.
- Design of my own flexible nibs proceeds, though more slowly than I’d hoped. I want to have a prototype nib for Pelikan M400 pens by the time of the Dallas Pen Show in September, but there is some risk in this schedule. JoWo #6 flexible nib will follow Pelikan, then I’ll accept custom designs. I won’t have a table at the Dallas Pen Show this year.
- I have a pretty sizable backlog of custom feed requests to service. I’ll begin these designs once the JoWo #6 and Pelikan M2xx/4xx/6xx/7xx feeds/collars/housings are in production and on my website for sale.
- I am still working on the Zebra G dip pen nib in a JoWo #6 housing. I’m still not happy with the performance across inks, so I’m not yet able to offer these for purchase. I don’t have a firm date for completion of this product.
Please send me a note at Contact Us if you have questions or comments.
First op on main spindle before grabbing it with the sub spindle, cutting off, and finish machining on the sub spindle.
Second op on the sub spindle is just machining the tip of the feed. The part gets ejected into the parts catcher, the bar feeder advances the rod of ebonite and the Mazak QTU-200MSY makes another one…
I’m sorting out how to bill and ship so I can start selling these. Stay tuned…
This is the first prototype of a Zebra G dip pen nib in a JoWo #6 housing. I’ll test it thoroughly over the next week or two then send out a few to beta testers.
Now I really have to figure out how to build a storefront…